Guess the Denim Count Contest
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, RHODE ISLAND, AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Entry: To enter, visit www.cottonfrombluetogreen.org (the “Web site”) and complete and submit your online entry form along with your guess of the number of pairs of denim jeans we will have received for donation and recycling, as of Sponsor’s August 12, 2009 Guinness World Record™ event scheduled to occur at Union Station in Washington, D.C. Contest ends at 11:59 a.m. ET on August 10, 2009. Limit one entry in each twenty-four hour period per valid e-mail address. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, the winner will be the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted on the online entry form. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor: Cotton Incorporated, 6399 Weston Parkway, Cary, North Carolina 27513. Sponsor is not responsible for (1) late, delayed, misdirected, garbled, or incomplete entries; (2) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry or story information; any human error, technical malfunctions, or lost/delayed data transmission; any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, or software; inability to access any website or online service, or any other error or malfunction. Once submitted, entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
- Eligibility. Open only to U.S. residents of the fifty states and the District of Columbia, except Rhode Island, who, as of date of entry, are 6 years of age or older at the time of entry, have access to the Internet, and have not purchased Internet service in order to participate in this Contest. All minors must obtain their parents’ or legal guardians’ consent before participating. Entrants need not be present to win. Employees and agents of Sponsor, National Geographic Society, National Geographic Kids Magazine, Guinness World Records, Jack Morton Worldwide Inc., and their affiliates, shareholders, officers, printers, distributors, advertising agencies, and prize suppliers, and their immediate family members and persons residing in the same household of such employees are not eligible to enter or win this Contest.
- Judging and Judging Criteria: The Grand Prize winner will be the entrant whose guess is the closest, without going over, to the actual Guinness World Record™ set on August 12, 2009 at Union Station in Washington, D.C. for the world’s largest collection of clothes donated at one time for recycling. In the event of a tie, the winning entry will be the entry among the tied entries which was submitted first. If Grand Prize prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if potential Grand Prize winner does not respond to notification within two (2) days of the date of notification, prize will be forfeited and an entry with the next closest guess of the number of denim donations received without going over will be chosen as the Grand Prize winner. Many will enter, one will win.
- Prize. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. Prize will consist of one (1) Five Hundred Dollar ($500) American Express gift card and a one (1) year subscription to the National Geographic Kids magazine (Approx. Retail Value: $520). Some restrictions apply. Terms and conditions applicable to gift card are established by American Express. See http://www.americanexpress.com/gift/giftcardslanding.shtml for details. Purchase will not increase your chances of winning. All taxes or expenses, including without limitation, sales tax, luxury tax and any other costs incurred in claiming or using the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No prize substitutions or cash equivalent of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and then only for a prize of equal or greater value. Prize is non-transferable. Winner, or if winner is a minor, winner’s parent or guardian, may be required to sign and return a Statement of Eligibility and Release within ten (10) days of notification in order to receive the prize. In the event of noncompliance with these requirements, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. If prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
- WARNING. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COTTON RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING SEEKING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Winner’s List. For winner’s list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: CottonFromBlueToGreen.org Guess the Denim Count Contest, Cotton Incorporated, 6399 Weston Parkway, Cary, North Carolina 27513, Attn: I.P. & Contracts, by February 10, 2010.